- Reliant Rehabilitation Hospital North Houston, LP09.Feb 2016
Supervisors violate employee boundaries, demean employees
Support from management
Employee feedback was suppressed
Communication was a one way street--top down. Mgt told employees to accept & agree or get off the bus.
Minorities and men are tested better than white women
Attitude towards older colleagues
Efforts made by management to purge higher "ranking" higher paid employees to save money.
Overall compensation for your work
Salaries sometimes not paid timely. Job task expectations greatly exceed the pay scale.
Office / Work Environment
Scanner over 15 ft and through closed door from computer. Difficult to access.
No. They do not.
Approved time off usually fair.
The company earned the reputation of exploiting their employees.
Yes. 17 staff members including registered nurses were placed on probation for 90 days until they could accept doing it the Reliant way.
No. Beyond challenging. Work tasks overwhelming and mgt highly critical. Work product scrutinized & ridiculed by mgt.
Inclusive / Diverse
Suggestions for improvement
- Upper and mid management need training and education to effectively inspire employees to be a part of the culture in stead of using provocative and/or manipulative and punitive methods.
What I like about the company
Some employee comradery
What I dislike about the company
Management abusive toward employees. Employees not given a voice. Management not receptive to hearing employee grievances. Repeated efforts, interventions from management to control, encourage higher paid full time (RNs) employees to leave to save money. Encourage part time staff to stay.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyReliant Rehabilitation Hospital North Houston, LP
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2013
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing