- Riverstone Cafe12.Jan 2016
Beware, The upper management are always very deceiving! 2 different properties, 2 different owners/mangament, 1 EXACT common factor....
Support from management
Prepare to overwork yourself to the point of exhaustion for unrealistic daily procedures. The work your doing is most likely for someone else's like your boss, etc and don't expect them to appreciate it or say thank you.
Only care about themselves and pretend to work as team for important days like when owners visit.
Freedom to work independently
You will overwork yourself to try for promotions/raises but trust me you will only be stuck with:
2. Told that you are to good at your current position so denied any promotions
3. Never respond to your requests and give you excuses till your tired of asking.
This is no guarantee you will have your job back or for much longer once you become a new parent apparently it's frowned upon due to it being time consuming.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Turn around time is quicker than any position I have experienced previously.
Overall compensation for your work
Ask for the highest pay possible when first offered position because you will not get raises and if so then just expect lower than imaginable ... Plus some
Office / Work Environment
They are okay about this, definitely needed to upgrade some computers/printers but don't worry your management will have newer and easier operating comps/printers.
Client driven and self driven ONLY
Not sure, I don't know if I have seen anyone hired that would fit this description of specific needs . They are very picky in hiring process.
Training is available, LOTS of it pointless but definitely available and required.
Suggestions for improvement
- Work on management and appreciate the employees as much as the clients. Be aware of high property employee turn around under certain managers management time. Most of the time you have lost great employees due to lack of work ethics given. Property employees are just as important as clients. Also, lets not forget when you hire on that employees can come in all shapes and sizes.
What I like about the company
Free basic health insurance
What I dislike about the company
This list would continue forever, my suggestion is to further research this company before making a life changing event for this job. I am sure you will find more negative and common feedback than positive. Don't expect to be treated fairly from upper management and/or team, you will always regret taking the position in the first place.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyRiverstone Cafe
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015