- ROADVIEW, INC15.Dec 2015
Suggestions for improvement
- *Office conditions need improvement to foster better employee morale. *The three branches of the company need better collaboration period. * The company is spread too thin, expensive fixed costs for vehicle operation, deployment, building new vehicles for the road crew leads to lower employee compensation and a bare bones office environment at best.
What I like about the company
Roadview, Inc provides a good starting point for those entering the GIS field as the company specializes in LIDAR to go along with the supporting set of software programs that tend to be more specialized to match customer expectations within the state level DOT arena. The entry level position, Data Processor, involves a good amount of routine work to process and compute data using GIS programs developed by the company within a MAC environment. There is some opportunity for advancement for those that find that the company is a match for them.
What I dislike about the company
* A general severe lacking of collaboration between BRANCHES OF THE COMPANY. When Mandli Communications decided that Roadview, Inc needed a new physical location it was decided that Fitchburg, WI was the choice. However, Mandli Communications and its other branch, Digilog, were still housed in a different location. One would think that would not be a big factor with advanced technology, but with a "growing company" it makes sense to have all three branches within the same building to improve efficiency, collaboration, communication, and advance overall employee morale.
* The company is stretched to thin due to expenditures and maintenance of collection vehicles out in the field to properly compensate highly talented employees that greatly contribute to advancing the bottom line. There is generally TOO MUCH RELIANCE on supposedly "securing contracts" with various DOTs or ancillary side projects with long-range projecting not be a strong suit.
* Office maintenance and upkeep was mediocre at best. Even the very basics like climate control and lighting were completely unacceptable most of the time and were rarely remedied at all. Many employees were bundled up in many layers while working inside the building for most of the year. Light bulbs were rarely replaced with dim lighting quite common.
* The owner openly stated that he desires to automate as many technological functions as physically possible, cutting costs are the utmost importance, and not compensating highly educated human capital when the Madison area is not a low cost of living area.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyROADVIEW, INC
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2014