- San Diego County Office of Education10.May 2018
Suggestions for improvement
- Because it is a union staffed non profit government agency there are individuals who make it a practice to perform as little of their designated job description duties as possible and still keep their jobs with no disciplinary action being taken by their managers and supervisors. If strong action were taken to correct the workplace practices of these sandbaggers it would increase the morale and productivity amongst those who perform their designated duties and improve the overall workplace environment.
What I like about the company
I have worked here for 21 years and have no desire to be any place else. Our goal is to see every student in San Diego prepared for higher learning and equipped to enter the global market place. We partner with stakeholders and other valued partners within school districts and other agencies to resource our clients, educators, and students to meet educational standards with technology and optimal programs that benefit schools and augment existing systems of learning. We handle earning dispersal, teaching credentials, migrant education, juvenile court custody schools, special education, outdoor education, and the hope infant program, mentoring and conflict resolution programs that serve schools and communities throughout San Diego County. We service districts and schools with building and planning oversight to locate the best qualified bidders for approved projects.
What I dislike about the company
We do not have professional security personnel at any of our facilities. As a result the burden of overwatch for safety and security falls upon our maintenance and custodial staff which is a disadvantage when unwanted and unwelcome individuals trespass upon the grounds. Due to the urban location and prevalent theft and violent crime in the area, the presence of trained security would provide a much more safe and secure workplace.
- CompanySan Diego County Office of Education
- CitySan Diego
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Current employee
- PositionC-Suite / Leadership