- Schneider National02.Aug 2017
OTR Team Driver
The company encourages safety but to them safety means liability. Who cares what you do to endanger yourself or the public, just make sure the company is not held responsible.
Inclusive / Diverse
Low skilled minority employees. All very nice people that too often let the company walk all over them.
Suggestions for improvement
- Get every thing the recruiter promises in writing. Do NOT do team driving. You will get assinged the worst of the worst drivers. Expect your DBL to be a tyrant. They are trained to not put up with any complaints from the drivers. The orientation and training is a joke. The instructors just want to check you off their list and get you on the road. I was in the military and fully understood that I was government property but these guys take it to another level. They own you. Expect 80 hour work weeks for average $500 per week. How the trucking industry gets away with no overtime pay should be criminal. Most of your fellow employees are low skilled and down on thier luck. The industry preys on these type of people.
What I like about the company
Good equipment and nice people.
What I dislike about the company
Low pay, long hours and little home time.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanySchneider National
- CityWest Memphis
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2017
- DepartmentLogistics/materials management