Smithfield Foods Inc:What's it like to work here?
Reviews for Smithfield Foods Inc
Reviews - What employees say
- Smithfield Foods Inc09.Dec 2015
Suggestions for improvement
- Need to more inclusive of new hires and established training procedures and not just left alone on an island and expect great results.
What I like about the company
What I dislike about the company
The leadership preaches that people are the most important asset they have but I was treated as an outsider from the first time on board. I was separated from the rest of my work group from the very beginning and job specifics were very vague and expected results were never good enough and always had to be reworked, while others work was good and personally I could not see a significant difference between my work and theirs. Was hired at a level I couldn't sustain and offered to start at a lower level but that was not accepted. I even showed improved work progress but that was still let go with no notice and never clearly defined there reasoning.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanySmithfield Foods Inc
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- DepartmentMarketing/product management