- Spalding Regional Hospital12.Dec 2015
Support from management
no support, cut down on supplemental help, such as outside agency nurses, and over load the nurses with pt.
New nurses coming into the hospital new graduate , they are not team players, they do not help .
Attitude towards older colleagues
care more about the young nurses, and the new graduates, senior workers are not value and not appreciated
Overall compensation for your work
the salary for PRN is very bad, full time workers make more , it is not as good as other hospital in the area
Office / Work Environment
they are up today with computers, no with supplies, has to work with not enough supplies, they over load you with pt, because they do not want to hire outside agency nurses, they flow you to another floors when there is not enough work in you department. even if you are not familiar with that floor.
families is not taken into consideration
Suggestions for improvement
- hire outside agency nurse, and light the load of ration nurse patient. Do not send nurses to another floors if they are not familiar with that floor or unit. treat PRN nurses as employee.
What I like about the company
It is closer to home
What I dislike about the company
they do not treat PRN employees as part of the company, even if you have worked there for more than five years., just because you are PRN, they make you feel you do not belong
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanySpalding Regional Hospital
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- DepartmentNon-cert. nursing support/nursing support