- St Joseph's Mercy Care17.Aug 2016
There not a lot of trust amongst colleagues and management. Management and administration will fire without justification and/or appropriate verifiable evidence. Very cut throat place to work.
Support from management
Administration and management were very "cut throat."
Management and administration made it very difficult for teammates to function together because of the workloads and how assignments were delegated out.
Freedom to work independently
Team members were doing the work of two or three people and stayed behind in paperwork.
No opportunity for growth in this company.
Overall compensation for your work
Wages and salaries don't match responsibilities.
Office / Work Environment
Didn't always have appropriate supplies to properly take care of patients.
Company was not very supportive when it came to the importance of family life and the environment became very stressful as they did not believe in supporting their staff or backing them up.
Many dissatisfied former and current employees.
Job isn't stable.
The one good thing about this company is that it has elevator and a handicap ramp.
Company provides training, but doesn't properly execute or implement that training and those rules and regulations for all employees. Management and administration have their favorites.
Inclusive / Diverse
Not a very diverse environment.
Suggestions for improvement
- Ensure that Administration and Management are properly trained and educated for the specific field of Administration and management that they are working in. Not everyone can be a manager or administrator in the health care industry.
What I like about the company
I love working with the type of patients that we worked with, because many of them were grateful.
What I dislike about the company
They are not "merciful" with their employees.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanySt Joseph's Mercy Care
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2014
- DepartmentNon-cert. nursing support/nursing support