As the industry’s most dynamic carrier, Swift Transportation continues to expand our diverse portfolio of service-sensitive, specialty operations to meet your unique needs. Whether you need some, or all, of our transportation solutions, Swift Transportation has the capacity to deliver your freight on time, secure and safe.
At Swift Transportation, our mission is to attract and retain customers by providing Best in Class transportation solutions and fostering a profitable, disciplined culture of safety, service, and trust.Values
- Winning Attitude
Swift Transportation Co., Inc.’s culture includes promotion of professional conduct in the practice of all employees, officers, and board members throughout the Company.
One of our values is that all employees are held to the highest standards of veracity. We are honest and ethical in all our business dealings, starting with how we treat one another. We keep our promises and admit our mistakes. Our personal conduct ensures that Swift will be there to deliver your future. Swift employees, officers and board members hold an important and elevated role in corporate governance in that they are uniquely capable and empowered to ensure that all stakeholders’ interests are appropriately balanced, protected and preserved. This Code provides principles to which Swift’s employees, officers, and board members are expected to adhere and advocate. They embody rules regarding individual and peer responsibilities, as well as responsibilities to other employees, the public and other stakeholders. Employees, officers, and board members are expected to abide by this Code as well as any other applicable Swift policies or guidelines in the employee handbook relating to the areas covered by this Code.
The Company’s employees, officers, and board members will:
- Act with honesty, integrity and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships. Compliance with this provision means that transactions involving conflicts of interest shall be approved by the appropriate person or, if required by the Company’s policies or SEC rules, by the Board of Directors or committee of directors. Provided appropriate approvals are obtained in accordance with the Company’s and the SEC’s policies and rules, a conflict of interest transaction will be considered to be in compliance with this Code and not a waiver of the Code.
- Provide stakeholders with full, fair, accurate, timely, and understandable disclosure in reports and documents that a registrant files with, or submits to, the SEC and in other public communications made by the registrant.
- Comply with applicable rules and regulations of federal, state, provincial and local governments, and other appropriate private and public regulatory agencies.
- Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care, competence and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing one’s independent judgment to be subordinated.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of one’s work except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to disclose.
- Ensure that confidential information acquired in the course of one’s work is not used for personal advantage.
- Obtain adequate training and share knowledge applicable to one’s duties and responsibilities to Swift and its stakeholders.
- Proactively promote and be an example of ethical behavior among peers, in the work environment and in the community.
- Achieve accountability of and control over all assets and resources engaged or entrusted in the course of one’s work.
- Report promptly to Swift’s corporate counsel, the audit committee or other appropriate personnel all violations of the code of which you become aware.