- The Gardens at Warwick Forest09.Feb 2016
As a new grad, I thought it would be a great opportunity to start my nursing career as this was a setting that covered the basics of nursing care from nursing school. This organization was hectic and chaotic especially at turnover times. Expect to have more than 10 patients and stay 2-3 hours late doing handwritten documentation. In addition, supplies were not readily available right down to BP cuffs. The orientation I received was not up to par especially when that nurse did not perform tasks that were supposed to be done. Yes, this organization will not think twice before writing their orientees up whether they are at fault nor not. Prospective nurses, please beware!
Suggestions for improvement
- In order to improve this company, management needs new faces with motivation to make better the system. Provide consistent and thorough training. Communicate and treat residents with respect in all circumstances. Make sure BP cuffs are readily available. Train CNAs to retake BP if the BP reading on automated machine is not within normal limits. In addition, have more nurses and aides on the floor to lessen the work load to provide quality care to the residents. Most importantly, provide computers for documentation as well as electronic orders for medications.
What I like about the company
What I dislike about the company
I did not feel like I was treated fairly when I got written for something I have not learned to do and a task the nurse who was orientation was supposed to perform. The supplies were not readily available and often times I had to go to other floors to look for the supplies that I needed to perform my job which consumed quite a bit of time. In addition, there was no organization when it was turnover time. It was very chaotic and unsettling not knowing if the nurse going to relieve you is going to show up. Another thing was that all documentation are done by hand and consumed a lot of time. Most importantly, I have witnessed treatments that were signed off as being done while they were not. Management was not up to par. Please do not even consider making changes as you will be weeded out quickly as some folks in management might feel threatened.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyThe Gardens at Warwick Forest
- CityNewport News
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing