- The Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg & Calhoun Counties29.Jun 2016
Objective review by former employee
Support from management
VP not involved and had little understanding of this area.
Team members within department worked toward established goals. Administrative staff had very limited knowledge of area and provided little support.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Constant remarks directed toward Boomer age staff. Uncomfortable.
Overall compensation for your work
Upper management paid very well.
Rank and file staff minimum wage or slightly above.
Threats of job or staff reductions often.
Suggestions for improvement
- Facility has a culture of "we are changing" but never does. Any real improvement will start at the top but the top needs to be replaced. Not sure current Adm can change after so many years of same old - same old.
What I like about the company
Provides needed community service
What I dislike about the company
Authority of county appointed board members with no knowledge or training in area. Members serve too long and some expect special favors (hire friends or relatives - treat family or friends without/discount charge). VP staff interested in their own specific agendas and not that of overall facility.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyThe Regional Medical Center of Orangeburg & Calhoun Counties
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2013
- PositionC-Suite / Leadership