- The Schulman and Schachne Institute For Nursing and Rehabilitation Inc31.Mar 2019 (Last edit 29.May 2019)
As of 5/28/19 I forgive the person that retaliated against me. I have found empathy for him and I understand how anger and animosity could not leave mind. Some can not move on and get past animosity and choose a vindictive path which is only a vicious cycle for them. I forgive as I understand and accept now.
Support from management
Condescending, I was called fat or balding for fun. This person was very vindictive after I reported issues. Then I was put on the sidewalk like a bag of trash after 5 years of 5 star work. Just a brutal and ugly culture.
Freedom to work independently
Micromanaged and a lack of agree-ability just to be mean or hold leverage.
Good with my people but I was mislead and lied to, deceptive, no review when it was due, only wrongful termination without warning.
Attitude towards older colleagues
I learned QAPI and how to run a great team. I also learned that a little corruption is known and acceptable and that retaliation is totally illegal. My job story was a very corrupt attack on a good person who reported issues. I was never mean enough to fit in with these people.
Overall compensation for your work
No respect what so ever. I never knew how much you can be hated for making the simple decision to report an issue. I was in charge of complaint taking but ironically it is why I was written up and terminated.
Office / Work Environment
Not much fun.
Long commute and parking was expensive. Management would monitor the time you pulled into the parking lot. I was accidentally texted about what time someone parked. These people are very suspicious of the normal and good people, it's creepy.
It is all about the look. no real empathy for the staff who are good and who do care.
None and my termination was hidden from me and issued without warning after 5 years and 3 perfect surveys. I saw a person who was so happy to inflict carnage on me, it was pathetic and sick.
Yes, we all worked hard to get 5 stars. The work was not the problem.
Inclusive / Diverse
Suggestions for improvement
- Eliminate the corrupt, they are not to be put on a pedestal because they hurt people to get personal "results". This is a nursing home, corruption and revenge have no place in a nursing home. Morals and ethics must be 100% correct at all times in nursing home leadership, that is not the case at all here. Is it in the best interest of resident rights to give a final written warning to a director 24 hours after they submitted 2 valid resident complaints? these complaints were submitted by staff members to investigate in accordance with the facilities abuse reporting policy. Is this conduct acceptable to Brookdale Hospital?? Is it o.k. to contact a former disgraced employees wife for no known reason years after that employee was wrongfully terminated?? Its all predatory behavior to me and my family for that matter, no question about it. I hope this person can learn from these choices and never harm another again, that would be great.
- Brookdale hospital needs to stop brushing off real issues coming from one unethical leader who seems to have much protection. Brookdale should work toward "Respect dignity and integrity" not just advertise it. The time for a change is long past due. Brookdale Hospital, please do the right thing, nursing home residents and their rights are counting on you and so am I. I am choosing forgiveness today as this is what God wants all of us to do. I forgive you, but I wont forget the pain and suffering I endured on and off the job from the little things on good days to the terrible things on bad days. it was such a hard way for me but I know now how hate got the best of you and I understand you now. You are forgiven by me.
What I like about the company
QAPI and what I learned. I love the residents with all my heart. It was an honor to help people who needed so much help.
What I dislike about the company
Bulling and being called fat and balding. Being written up under a false narrative for reporting legitimate issues. I was traumatized by pure hatred on the day I was wrongfully terminated. My wife was contacted by the same individual years later which was re-traumatizing. They know how to carry out revenge no doubt. Myself ever deserving revenge is pathetic, all I ever wanted to do is to help others and be respected, valued, and liked by my leaders I worked every day to achieve that. I don't play politics or look the other way when it comes to resident rights, lets be clear on that. I am choosing to forgive as of 5/28/19. The advice is to understand the dangers of retaliation, to accept other peoples points of view and respect them. To never bully your subordinates as it is mean even on the best of days. To learn empathy skills and use them. To know that Leadership and integrity are not found on a path of hatred and anger, that's not the way of God. If you truly hate a subordinate you can not fairly lead them so maybe recuse yourself from being the boss as hate is unfit and unfair in leadership.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyThe Schulman and Schachne Institute For Nursing and Rehabilitation Inc
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former employee