- The University of School of Law08.Dec 2015
Support from management
It would help if the leadership team understood that their subordinates are closer to the students and understand their needs better. Listen to what they have to say, not just what you want to hear.
Overall compensation for your work
Compensation wasn't great, but benefits were outstanding and very affordable.
Suggestions for improvement
- More academic success and career planning staff. More emphasis on core legal concepts and practice and less emphasis on vanity "centers" such as health and international law.
- Career development is an afterthought at best. Employees spend a lot of time completing evaluations but they don't appear to be used for anything. Evaluations should be simplified and tied to pay raises and career advancement, not institutional goals. Other incentives, such as gift cards, additional PTO, etc. should be used alongside pay raises to motivate employees.
What I like about the company
I liked the actual work I was doing and the autonomy I had to do my job.
What I dislike about the company
Leadership is focused on leaving their mark rather than doing what's best for the students. Too much focus on increasing enrollment numbers at the expense of student quality. Progressing toward a "groupthink" environment where dissent and criticism are not tolerated.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyThe University of School of Law
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2014