- The Vilage at Palmerton30.Aug 2016
The culture is hostile.
Support from management
I would have given this 0 stars. The owner of the company did not support you at all. On a daily basis I endured a hostile work environment created by the front desk office manager(I was her supervisor). When I made a complaint I was told that is how she is. Needless to say she lied about me then I was let go over the phone.
Freedom to work independently
Poor communication. Often other employees will call the owner and lie. One is never called and asked their side of the story.
Mostly women are employed. However, a strong women is not celebrated.
Attitude towards older colleagues
No job security. Will be terminated with out cause.
Overall compensation for your work
Was not paid enough for the position I held.
Office / Work Environment
Hostile and very stressful.
This part of the job was actually good.
Sad to say. The company image is not as it once was.
One will be terminated on a whim with out cause and most likely over the phone. And not permitted to get your belongings.
There are a quite a bit of back injuries.
For the most part the position could have been more challenging.
Inclusive / Diverse
Suggestions for improvement
- Respect those who work for you. Thank them for the hard work they do. Do not thank them by letting them go. And hiding behind the at will law. Every person that walks through your door is a customer. And treating a good hard working employee as horrible as I was. Will effect your business.
What I like about the company
What I dislike about the company
No back up. Poor job security. Very hostile work environment. I would be called and yelled at and called names. After I completed all the work needed for state licensing and we passed the state survey. The very next I was let go over the phone. I was told that we lived in an at will state and he can let me go anytime. I was basically used to open the new unit.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyThe Vilage at Palmerton
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2016
- PositionC-Suite / Leadership