- Tractor Supply Co.24.Nov 2015
Support from management
They do not support promoting employees due to a recruitment money bonus for full time posituons.
Full time employees are not coached to support their staff.
Freedom to work independently
Operates on a low employee count which leads to individuals being alone a lot to accomplish duties that require 2 or more.
Leaders do not communicate with one another creating confusion to rules, policies, & how to improve ones performance
Extremely bad career path. Takes years to be promoted unless you are lucky enough to get a manager who is not greedy about collecting the $1000 recruiting bonus & decides to promote. Even at that, the Dist. Manger can still over rules them for someone they want to recruit. In my near decade with them only 2 people were ever promoted into management.
Office / Work Environment
A lot of loading vehicles outside in weather conditions. Again, a lot of times alone with no support.
This depends on the store manager as not all of them are required to follow Co. Ploicies by their District Managers.
Only the Store Manager & Assistant Managers.
Very poor & if you say anything about it you are labeled as not a team player since you do not agree that things are safe enough even though they are against Co. Policies.
Self achievement is there, but no Co. encouragement since the do not promote from within
Inclusive / Diverse
They preach a lot of keeping an open mind & embracing change but do not follow it
Suggestions for improvement
- Get rid of the recruitment bonus money & train & promote the employees that have been loyal & worked hard for you. Also, you need an outside arbitration. Employees are black balled & punished for bringing up any wrong doings by Store Managers & Dist Managers since they are friends with internal HR Staff.
What I like about the company
The people I got to manage & the great customers
What I dislike about the company
No future for all the hard work you do.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyTractor Supply Co.
- CityCentral Valley (historical)
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015