- Traylor Retirement Community20.Jan 2016
Support from management
Employees suggestions are almost never taken into consideration. Management is infamous for saying "we'll check into that" and nothing ever changes.
Communication is incinsistent at best!
There is no equality here.
There is little to no advancement possible. Most higher positions are filled from the outside inside of by current employees.
Overall compensation for your work
Salaries are fair, but not particularly competitive. Other similar businesses in the area pay more. Insurance is pretty good.
Office / Work Environment
Nothing is up to date. The computers are frequently not working, and almost always incredibly slow. Access to supplies and needed equipment is poor, especially on the weekends when there is no one there to get it for us.
There is inconsistencies in who can take time off and who can't. Some employees are allowed to repeatedly miss excessive numbers of days with no consequences, and others are penalized for missing 1 or 2 days. Traylors was just bought by the son, and all vacation and sick days were taken away from the employees.
The work is very challenging and difficult many times. We have a very high resident to nurse ratio, and it can be overwhelming many days!
Suggestions for improvement
- Listen to employee suggestions, treat all employees the same across the board and hold them accountable to the same standards. Provide equipment and supplies needed, and support to staff. Employee recognition. Meals available for all shifts, not just day shift. Opportunities for advancement.
What I like about the company
It's close to home and I can work 8 hour shifts vs 12 in most healthcare settings.
What I dislike about the company
There is very high turnover of employees, constant staffing issues, lack of support and fairness. Poor employee moral.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyTraylor Retirement Community
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?n/a
- DepartmentHigher-level services in healthcare and nursing