- Vantage Specialties, Inc.11.Jul 2017
Say they are high on safety, but really struggle in actually helping their employees. Friendly culture person to person though.
Employee to employee is very good work, but working with superiors there are multiple breakdowns.
Multiple instances where people found out day of there were massive changes happening to the workforce and business. Then one week later another complete reversal.
Attitude towards older colleagues
The first people they removed was anyone of seniority who could have a different standpoint to the current leadership.
Need to understand what kind of career you want/have before coming here as you will basically make your own path.
Overall compensation for your work
Good pay and benefits.
they have a safety and environmental program they try to follow, but compared to other companies it lacks a lot of backing.
Was told from day 1 engineers work minimum 50 hour weeks, I am young so that is not terrible to me but to others could be an issue.
Nobody knows who this company is, and most companies routinely take advantage of a small company trying to stay afloat.
Was let go once new leadership came in because I was not happy with the amount of hours my operators were working.
a lot of work needs to be done, and you can basically do whatever you please to help the plants.
What I like about the company
1. Can do whatever work you think interest's you for the majority of the time, they really don't track your work or give you set defined goals.
2. Pay is very competitive.
3. Operators are extremely friendly and just want someone/anyone to help them get through the amount of issues they have on a day to day basis.
What I dislike about the company
1. Terrible Leadership across the board from plant level all the way to corporate.
2. No business path defined for where they want the company to go, and very little support to the plants in how they can help get the company there.
3. They will remove anyone that does not agree with the leadership in place.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyVantage Specialties, Inc.
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2016