- Viacom International Inc.15.Dec 2016
Support from management
Variable management - most just trying to protect their own jobs.
Attitude towards older colleagues
Once you're over 40, your days are numbered with few exceptions. No one other than executive management is hired post-40.
Office / Work Environment
It's good when the layoffs aren't looming.
Best time off policy anywhere!
Better now that the management turmoil seems to be settling down to normal.
Zippo. Everyone gets laid off eventually. No one retires from Viacom.
Suggestions for improvement
- Good luck, Bob! If anyone can turn the ship around, it's you.
What I like about the company
When it's good, it's great. When layoffs are in the air, as they regularly are, it's bad.
What I dislike about the company
Blatant ageism, regular layoffs. Too often they've been short-sighted - focused more on quarterly profits than long-term strategy. Hopefully, BB will bring vision back to Viacom - it's been lacking for too long.
The following benefits were offered to me
- CompanyViacom International Inc.
- CityNew York
- Are you a Current or Former Employee?Former job since 2015
- PositionC-Suite / Leadership
- DepartmentMarketing/product management