- Wichtel Akademie München GmbH23.Jan. 2019
- Mit Arbeitgeber-Kommentar
It feels like a terrible place to be, even for the children. Teachers are not permitted to discipline students, which only leads to utter chaos when you put so many children in one room. Children do not respect or listen to their German teachers.
Students are also forced to go outside every single day, regardless of the weather and regardless of whether they're crying and screaming that they don't want to. I had to watch on not one, but several occasions as my coworkers physically dragged hysterical children outside to go on a wonderful nature walk in the forest for an hour in dead of winter with freezing rain pouring down.
Very unprofessional and often bullied the employees. I was told other branches had much better leaders, however.
Colleagues seemed to only tolerate each other at best with a lot of whispered resentment for each other.
You are asked to teach one lesson per week, but you never end up getting to because the school is so understaffed there's never an appropriate time for you to take away a handful of kids. Instead you are asked to stand and watch 60+ children as they run about an entire floor for 10+hours.
Umgang mit älteren Kollegen
My branch did not half older staff. All of the teachers were young and under-qualified, with only one other teacher having any form of an actual teacher degree or license.
- The hours. You are scheduled for 8.5 hours per day, but it always ends up being more due to so many call offs. 8.5 hours usually turns into 10 or 11, and you are never asked if you want to cover a shift. You are told you will be covering this shift.
- Understaffed. At my branch, there were 60+ kids in the kindergarten. We had an open plan where students were free to roam between six different rooms on the same floor. Our branch had 9 full time employees, but on any given day, there was rarely more than 3 or 4 actually working and two always had to go outside with the children, oftentimes leaving one teacher with 30-40 kids. This isn't safe and it certainly wasn't beneficial to student learning.
- Spend more of the money you receive from parents on hiring staff and creating a balanced work life for your employees instead of opening as many branches as you possibly can.
The school itself is pretty and provides healthy and usually delicious snacks and lunches everyday. School also pays for a subway/bus card.
There is a constant rotating staff door at Wichtel. Even parents comment upon how there is a new teacher every week and how no one stays around for very long. It is pretty easy to tell the quality of a school by that alone.
- FirmaWichtel Akademie München GmbH
- Position/HierarchieAngestellte/r - Arbeiter/in
Kommentar des Arbeitgebers
Thank you for your message. We are very surprised by your review since we haven’t heard of any of your points yet - there seems to be a high degree of personal frustration within your comment. All our colleagues can share their topics at any time with our HR-staff or the management. We would appreciate if you could contact them with your matters. Many thanks and best regards from the Wichtel-Team.
Mitarbeiter von Wichtel Akademie München GmbH