- HolidayCheck AG26.Aug. 2019 (Geändert am 27.Aug. 2019)
The last months at HolidayCheck has been some changes in the way the company supports the employees through their journey. Although I believe most of the changes were for the better, they always create some confusion.
There are multiple ways of being informed about the current situation and numbers of the company (i.e. monthly company meetings or intranet), your department (i.e. IT Quarterly) or the different product teams and what they are doing.
Umgang mit älteren Kollegen
At HolidayCheck I have a lot of colleagues that have been a long time at the company. You can find many cases around of people being between 5-15 years here. Their input is super valuable for anyone joining new the company or the travel sector.
Karriere / Weiterbildung
During the last months, I had the chance of becoming a team lead. This has not only showed me that there are chances to grow inside the company, but also all the trainings and activities in the last months have helped me become better in my new role as well. It was good to see that you are not left alone after such a change.
Also in my new position I try to help my people to grow and find the next step in their career.
Gehalt / Sozialleistungen
With a new system in place, the salary seems to be a bit more clear and fair.
In Bottighofen we have very bright offices with a nice view to the lake of Konstanz (Bodensee). Working in IT you get to choose the hardware you are most comfortable working with.
Umwelt- / Sozialbewusstsein
As a company working in the travel sector, the environment is a hard topic. Right now there is a big group of people inside the company checking how to make HolidayCheck more sustainable.
As an employee at HolidayCheck, I have a lot of freedom respecting my work-life balance. I can get holidays at any time (sure after consulting my team); taking homeoffice is possible when needed/wanted; as part of the IT, I have very flexible hours and if I have to take care of some errand, I don't have problems to leave the office within short notice.
I am happy to tell where I am working and explain the benefits I get from it. Having worked in different places before and hearing stories from friends/family, I am proud of saying I am part of HolidayCheck.
Also it is great to be building a product that helps others find their holidays. That gives you a good feeling when developing it.
- There are always things that could improve:
- our OKR process is there to give us guidance towards goals and after a rough start is getting better year by year and I am looking forward to the next rounds.
- as I mentioned before, being sustainable in a company selling package holidays or cruises is not easy but it is great to know that the company and many of the employees want to improve there and create a better product/company in this sense.
- The freedom and trust we have in terms of work-life balance.
- The diversity of the teams, with people from almost 30 nationalities.
- The technologies we use. We may not embrace every new fancy framework but use some of the new technologies around and experiment with some others.
- In-job events like the HolidayCheck Camp (2-days conference for IT, Product, UX and Scrum teams, each year in a different location like Bulgaria or Turkey), Slack Fridays (one day to do anything non-job-related), CoPs or Guilds (to share informations between devs)
- Programs like the apprenticeship @ HC, interesting both for the apprentice and the mentor.
- Food prepared by one cook everyday (but Fridays) at good rates, including one day free.
- An awesome Summer Summit, where all colleagues from all different locations can meet together and enjoy a great day!
Folgende Benefits wurden mir geboten
- FirmaHolidayCheck AG
- JobstatusAktueller Job
- Position/HierarchieManagement / Führungskraft