- eGENTIC GmbH03.Juni 2019
- Mit Arbeitgeber-Kommentar
I’ve been working here for many years now and I can’t believe how fast you can make out of a great international company a „bad“ place to work . Many of our ex-colleagues complain below, sometimes using unacceptable wording, but it definitely shows that something is going wrong and they use this platform to let out their frustration.
There used to be a great workplace atmosphere, but it has changed negatively within the last months. You wanted to motivate people to increase sale, do better job, face the challenge, call instead skype chatting etc., change their thinking, hire new talents, get fresh and innovative thinking.
Result: Good goals, bad execution. Employees are being treated like pupils, not being listened, more control of what we do/who we call/how long. New Talents may appear, but you also hire managers who have nothing in common with real leadership. Nothing can hurt morale of your employees more than feeling like they’re supporting a poor team member.
I wouldn’t say this is the worst place to work, it’s not true. If you have asked me 2 y. ago how am I doing here? I would have said “great”!Unfortunately, unhealthy and incapable management led to toxic atmosphere now.
It would be great to be involved in decision making, setting new strategy. Many decisions are not clear or understandable.
I have an impression that many decisions regarding people management are taken accidently, without clear strategy and social responsibility. Due to several dismissals and terminations that followed, there is no community at work anymore - people talk about recent employees fluctuation, about the reasons for leaving the company. Most of the ex-colleagues didn’t want to be a part of eGENTIC anymore. It’s almost 25% of the whole sales team within the last few weeks. Hearing of someone leaving the company is nothing new now. That's depressing..
eGENTIC got used to high employees turnover, but there were other reasons in the past: in most cases geographic move since most of the colleagues are foreigners or romantic relationship.
It is hard to stick together with colleagues in the workplace with high employees turnover.
It is all about sales - not always easy since the company deals with personal data, it can be challenging..Products do not really change throughout the years. In case of any development it turns out in test campaigns, it doesn’t work as it should... New ideas/innovation are always welcome.
Many things are told on the country manager level, less communication on the sales manager level. It creates an atmosphere of having secrets. If you smoke you might learn more, as there is no better place to exchange news as in the front of the building smoking.
Everyone has equal rights.
Umgang mit älteren Kollegen
Not so many of them, but they feel certainly well here
Karriere / Weiterbildung
No education strategy, no opportunity to develop one’s career. The only possibility to climb the career ladder is to be a country manager. The company structure is flat.
Gehalt / Sozialleistungen
Industry average plus bonus on an individual basis. No real salary increase reflecting inflation. If you have achieved additional (unrealistic) turnover goals, you may ask for salary increase in two years at the earliest.
Social benefits: company cars and underground car park (country managers only), the rest of employess can use a parking spot outside the building; mobile phones, free beverages and fruits.
No more benefits to distinguish the company from competition like jobtickets, sport facilities, staff canteen, possibility to take home office – not only 4-6 days per year (mondays and fridays generally not allowed), but depending on individual situation (long distance to work, family reasons).
Computers are not the newest ones - but good enough to work on. Company phone, one tablet per team for business trips. Open-space with air conditioning, new office since 2017. Well equipped kitchen, there’s a nice lunch room. Uncomfortable office chairs.
Umwelt- / Sozialbewusstsein
As far as I know eGENTIC support children with cancer by donating money every year for Christmas. There used to be more interesting social initiatives in the past. In case of environment - waste sorting would be nice.
No pressure to make over hours, work non-stop and through the weekends. You can get your vacation approved without any problem. Possibility to work part time is an advantage.
Among internet users – very bad due to business we run (lead generation)
Among customers – still one of the top lead generation companies
In the industry: bad news regarding toxic environment spreads quickly and the image has worsened recently. The competition uses the chance to get people on board.
Among employees: depending on individual experience - from very good to very bad
- • Improve your communication, especially on the sales management level • Work on your Employer Branding • Do not talk about former employees in a negative way, especially if they had been committed and successful employees for many years. • Listen to your employees, take their suggestions seriously. People management is not made by excel sheets. • Build a real education strategy to promote and develop your talents • Demonstrate good problem solving - do not only expect from your employees to give an answer to a problem. Help, support and try to solve it together, brainstorm ways to fix it, don’t be only observer. • Take responsibility for the outcome of your decisions
• International environment
• possibility to work part time
• Close to Frankfurt
• Company car (country managers) and mobile phones
• Retention program (possibility to visit one of 2 subsidiaries in Brasil or Singapur after 4 years)
• Free beverages, fruits, nice “Kuschelecke” with table tennis and Kicker
• Company events
• Supporting employees activities outside of work
• Negative atmosphere
• Leadership style without focus on people as valuable resource
• No sustainable thinking and employee retention – you let talents and loyal employees just go, giving a feeling that everyone is replaceable. “Go if you don’t like it”. Employees join the company and leave managers
• No education strategy, no opportunity to develop one’s career
Folgende Benefits wurden mir geboten
- FirmaeGENTIC GmbH
- StadtSulzbach (Taunus)
- JobstatusAktueller Job
- Position/HierarchieAngestellte/r - Arbeiter/in
- UnternehmensbereichVertrieb / Verkauf
Kommentar des Arbeitgebers
Dear colleague, Thank you very much for your evaluation and your detailed feedback, which we take to heart. We are aware of the daily challenges and work very focused on them. As you know, eGENTIC has three managing directors and all three live the open door policy. We would be happy if you would talk to one of us directly so that we can further improve eGENTIC with your help.